How to Select a Personal Injury Lawyer
Look for a Proven Track Record
There are many qualified personal injury lawyers in Victoria, but which one has the expertise, experience and care to see you successfully through your case?
Making your Selection
Choosing your representation can feel daunting. Here is a list of questions to help you make the best decision for your situation:
- Do you have to make a claim with ICBC or WCB? If so, remember that they have a team of experts on their side who will work very hard to settle any claim for much less than you might be owed. A personal injury lawyer who has a long history of working successfully with ICBC and WCB can take the stress off you by representing your case.
- Does the lawyer specialize in Personal Injury law? It helps to do your homework and ask the right questions. A lawyer who specializes in helping people who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents should be a priority in your decision making.
- Does the lawyer expect you to pay for their services up front? If a lawyer insists on collecting up front money to represent you, it may be best to look for someone who works on a contingency basis. This means they will only send you an invoice for their services if your case wins.
- Does the law team fight to get you the type of care you need? Many times injury victims do not know which therapies and treatments are available to them. Your personal injury lawyer should be willing to advocate for the treatment modality that will serve your recovery best.
- Does your lawyer insist on going to court? Not every case needs to be tried in court and many personal injury cases are successfully settled through mediation. Knowing this is an option can help alleviate stress and confusion.
- Does the lawyer offer a free initial interview? A complimentary consultation offers you the chance to decide if the lawyer "feels" right to you. This no-obligation meeting with a personal injury lawyer will provide an opportunity to ask questions about fees, treatment options, and get a better understanding of how the lawyer is going to represent you.
Contact us today for your free consultation with a personal injury lawyer.